Einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
= Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that we're already a third through January.

Seriously? Even though I just realized it, seeing it written is something like a slap in the face. Which is maybe what I need.

To say "happy new year," Germans wish you a good "Rutsch" into the new year. A good "fall," "slide," or "slip" into the new year. I ended the year full of good intentions and positive thoughts about the new one, but instead of sliding well into it, I appear to have stumbled down a different path and onto my bed. My butt hurt last night, but no longer from skiing and snowshoeing. Instead, it's from sitting on my bed with my computer on my lap for more hours than I'm willing to admit.

But today is a new day, and initiative is necessary. So here's to not being a couch potato and internet zombie! Und ein besser (better) Rutsch ins neue Jahr!

No comments: